Previously, I informed you the top two teams from each problem/division will qualify to advance to the World Finals. This season only, CCI is inviting the top three teams from each problem/division from each State Association.
This means the top 3 teams will qualify to advance from:
Problem 1: Div 1A, Div 1B, Div 2, Div 3
Problem 2: Div 1, Div 2, Div 3
Problem 3: Div 1, Div 2, Div 3
Problem 4: Div 1, Div 2, Div 3
Problem 5: Div 1A, Div 1B, Div 2A, Div 2B, Div 3, Div 4
ALL Primary teams are invited. Primary teams are not ranked.
After the Award Ceremony on April 1, I will ask each of the coaches from the teams that qualify to advance to the World Finals to inform me if they want to participate in the Virtual World Finals or the In-Person World Finals.
For those teams desiring to participate in the Virtual World Finals (VWF),
I strongly recommend your team begin making any improvements to the team performance video, set, props, skit, costumes, photos, etc. after submitting the long term solutions on March 4th to the VA State Tournament. I am waiting for CCI to announce the Virtual World Finals registration date and team submission date.
I do know:
- VWF Opening Ceremony: April 15
- VWF judging will begin April 16 – 4 May
- VWF Award Ceremony: May 7
For teams desiring to participate in the In-Person World Finals at Iowa State University, 25-28 May. I am waiting for CCI to announce the World Finals team registration date.
I do know:
- Team check-in registration: May 24
- Award Ceremony: May 28
With this article, please see the information package from the last World Finals held at IA State University in 2018.
Please note the 2018 registration fee and what is included:
- Extra activities: Opening Ceremony, Pin Trading, Float and Banner Parade, Creativity Festival, Coaches Competition, NASA activity, Award Ceremony, and more!!
Please note what is not included:
- Cost for room and board in the university dorms. See info in presentation on 2018 cost per person, including additional adults and siblings.
Note: The team does not have to stay in the dorms. The team must make its own reservations for hotel and restaurants. CCI will provide a shuttle bus to most hotels in the immediate area.
- Cost for shipping of set, props, costumes, etc to ISU.
- Cost of round trip transportation for coach(es) and team members to Ames, IA
- Cost of round trip transportation of family members to Ames, IA
Good luck to ALL!!
My judges are eagerly waiting to see your creative solutions